Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Will using an antifungal cream on an a pre-existing rash help any while taking antibiotics?

My doctor (who is an idiot) keeps telling me what I have on my hands is not a fungus... though 2 previous doctors and a nurse I know say it is. It flares up if I use anti-bacterial soap, responds to treatment w/ lamisil and other antifungal creams... Anyway, he has put me on a 7-day course of Levaquin to clear up a sinus infection. Does anyone know if using the cream consistently will keep the rash under control in the meantime? Or should I wait on taking the antibiotics until I can (hopefully) get something stronger for it? I plan to change doctors but it will be awhile before I can make another appointment.Will using an antifungal cream on an a pre-existing rash help any while taking antibiotics?
It shouldn't hurt anything if you keep using it...but sounds like you need to go see a dermatologist and get on the exact treatment for it. Do you have a job where you have to keep your hands in water a lot? This might sound odd...but I have seen people with weird rashes on their hands that wouldn't clear up...it turned out be they needed more zinc in their diet..which is easy enough to just try and see if it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment