Thursday, December 31, 2009

Antibiotic Cream alternative anyone know one?

Ok so Here's the LONG Version here. I had a mole removed from my arm 2 weeks ago. I was using Neosporin for a week and it started itching and breaking out BAD! well the doctor gave me a perscription for an antibiotic ointment. The pharmacy accidentally gave me the antibiotic cream the itching %26amp; hives were gone! Well I had to get my refill and it is in ointment form and guess what I am breaking back out. I think I am allergic to PETROLATUM! So does anybody know of an over the counter antibiotic cream that I could use if I ever had to in the future. (BTW I Do see my doctor in the morning so it isn't going to be a case of ';GO SEE A DOCTOR'; I already have an appointment) I am just wanting to know if there is an antibiotic cream I could use that has NO Petro in it if ever in the future I need an antibiotic ointment/cream again. Thanks! :)Antibiotic Cream alternative anyone know one?
I am allergic to Neosporin, too. Your question reminded me that I haven't used ointment on anything in years. I clean cuts and burns with hydrogen peroxide, and I use ';wound wash'; that they have in the drug store. The brand name is Bactine, but the generics are cheaper. It has an antiseptic and a painkiller in it. Once it is clean and I have the antiseptic on it, I cover it. No need for ointment.





There are a bunch of other antiseptics out there, but this always works for me.Antibiotic Cream alternative anyone know one?
Just use a 50% peroxide and 50% water to clean the wound, and keep it covered, that way the infection and germs are kept at bay.


When I had surgery, my incision split open, and that is what the doctor had me use, and also some betadine ointment. After a week or so, it was just the peroxide/water. Plain peroxide makes the wound heal from the outside in too fast. You want it to heal from the inside out. That is what my doctor told me.


Hope this helps.
Just make sure your doctor writes it for a cream and not an ointment.


However, I've never heard of anyone being allergic to petrolatum.


You could be allergic to neosporin.
Fibulan? this is a ferment cream

No comments:

Post a Comment