Thursday, December 31, 2009

A week ago I cut my finger, now its swollen&painful in spite of antibiotic cream. Should I call my doctor?

I got a deep cut to my finger last week, working with clean plexiglass (about 2-4mm deep, 15mm long, 2-3mm wide, along the left side at the last knuckle on my index finger, where the nerve bundles run). I kept pressure on it enough at first so it bled very little. I washed it often with antoseptic cleaner and bandaged it with antibiotic cream, every few hours for the first three days. After that, I kept washing it, but I stopped bandaging it because it had scabbed over. It's been a week since the injury, and now my entire finger is swollen and difficult to move on its own (I can use my other hand to bend the finger, but its painful). However, I DO have a disease (fibromyalgia) that cuases my hands and feet to get swollen sometimes, but the finger is always swollen, even when the rest of my hand isn't. Should I call my doctor right now, in case the cut got deeply infected? Or is it alright to just wait until I see my doctor for my usual appointment and bring it up then (in 15 days)?A week ago I cut my finger, now its swollen%26amp;painful in spite of antibiotic cream. Should I call my doctor?
call a doctor infections can be severly dangerous!!!!!!!! people have had to have their fingers or bodyparts amputated! go to the emergency room before something really bad happens!!!! dont wait!!! go to the emergency room as soon as possible!!A week ago I cut my finger, now its swollen%26amp;painful in spite of antibiotic cream. Should I call my doctor?
you should go see a doctor ASAP. if it was getting better i'd ay just mention it, but it seems to be getting worse
Don't take any chances - go to the doctor right now! A friend of mine punctured his hand and wouldn't go to the doctor. The next day his wife forced him to go and the doctor said it was already infected and had he waited any longer he could have lost his hand! It's not worth it - go to the doctor now. Your finger is infected.
Fibromyalgia does not cause swelling-





a hallmark of the disease is lack of swelling-





If that is what your doc told you -you needto find another doc-





you can email





kindness@fibrobetsy.com





for a list of good docs in your area (USA)





FMS has been believed to be a disorder of teh central nervous system for teh last 10 years-eveidneced by the fact that the most promising treatmenst are neuro in nature





it is not autoimmune or musculoskel;etal





if you have swelling you are misdiagnosed or you have at least 2 conditions
if it hurts and is not getting better call a doctor.
Call your doctor now. Infections are dangerous and at times antibiotic resistant. The earlier treatment starts the better.





I let something similar go and had to have it lanced open to drain and remove infective tissue. Don't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment