Thursday, December 31, 2009

Will triple antibiotic ointment/creams cure b.o.? if so, whats the proper way to use it?

i have this problem and my dermatologist suggested erythromycin. when that didn't work, she suggested driclor and erythromycin with clindmycin. that didn't work either. what will i do to cure my body odor? please help!Will triple antibiotic ointment/creams cure b.o.? if so, whats the proper way to use it?
My dermatologist told me that I have a condition called ';Bromhydrosis'; which is why my armpits have terrible odor even though I am not actually perspiring. I have tried Botox in the past and it did stop sweating but not the odor. I am currently on a regimen that my doctor prescribed and it is working well. I have to wash my armpits twice daily with a prescribed Acne wash called Benzoclin (the acne wash gets rid of the odor causing bacteria on your skin) and then after washing I have to put on Clindamycin gel and let it dry. After that I have to use Arid XXtra Dry spray deodorant (my derm says it is the best on the market) and let it dry as well. I know that this seems like it takes a lot of time but it is definitely worth it to me to not have to worry about smelling bad. Maybe you could ask your dermatologist about adding the wash to your regimen and see if that helps with the clindamycin they have already prescribed. I hope that this helps you! I know how bad it is to feel like you always smell bad and no one seems to understand, my bf seems to think that all body odor is related to diet, well we both eat the exact same thing and he never smells! Good luck!Will triple antibiotic ointment/creams cure b.o.? if so, whats the proper way to use it?
I got it at Walgreens, but I have also seen it at Kroger ( a local grocery store). I think that Target might carry it as well. Good luck! Report Abuse

Red meat is the number one cause of body odor. Red meat causes stagnation in the body; it putrefies in the gut. A plant-based diet is an internal deodorizer.Some of the best foods for that include parsley, cilantro, celery and all mints. Aromatic cleansers: sage, rosemary, thyme oregano,etc Report Abuse

a
Oh my I just got botox injections and it worked wonders for my b.o., as well as sweat!!!!!!!!!! it was awesome, I totally recommend it and it barely hurt, it was more of a pinch rather than an injection pain :) I would totally do it again in a heart beat, in fact, I will in a couple of years
Where exactly is the odor from?


I mean, you can'tbe rubbing antibiotics on your armpits.


Perhaps you need a new doctor.


Or a bath.
a lady who works with elderly patients told me


she uses Shaving Cream to stop odors from


BO %26amp; Urine she wipes it on and off and sometimes


has the person use it as soap


she said they have tried different products but the


generic shaving creams work well


you might want to try that


good luck


or make a paste of wet baking soda in a sock and


rub that on in the shower
I know that when I get out of the shower if I don't put on deodorant my arm pits stink within just a few minutes.





I've never heard of any creams or ointments to cure BO. That doesn't make since to me. You could try to shower twice a day (morning, and when you get home), try to use different deodorants each day. If you have excessive weight sometimes losing a few pounds can help.





Diet can also affect the way your body smells. Try eating more fruits and veggies, stay away from greesy foods and fast food.





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment