Saturday, December 26, 2009

Can i use this cream as an antibiotic cream for my nose piercing?any medical knowledgeable people please help?

This is urgent...this cream is called FUCIDIN H. it's an antibiotic cream.


the contents are fusidic acid


hydrocortisone acetate


potassium sorbate


I bought this cream at a pharmacy.can i use this for my fresh nose piercing? the pharmacist said it's for infection and to reduce redness.Can i use this cream as an antibiotic cream for my nose piercing?any medical knowledgeable people please help?
That medication is normally used for dermatitis or other skin rashes/infections. I wouldn't use it for your nose piercing. Try H2Ocean, its a salt water base spray used for piercings. You can get it from any ';good'; tattoo/piercing shop. It runs about $5 buck. If your looking for an ointment try anti bacterial ointment.Can i use this cream as an antibiotic cream for my nose piercing?any medical knowledgeable people please help?
no. Fusidic acid is a very poor anti-infective. Hydrocortisone will reduce the swelling but increase the infection risk. Potassium sorbate is not an active ingredient.





take my advice, take out the nose ring and apply some Polysporin.

No comments:

Post a Comment