Thursday, December 31, 2009

Is it safe to use steriod cream and antibiotics together? worried :(?

I was prescribed yesterday morning with a steriod cream off my gp as i have chronic itching due to a bacterial skin condtion then in the afternoon i went to the dentists and they prescribed me amoxicillin as i have a mouth infection as my wisdom teeth are rotten.





Im 22 weeks pregnant, im really worried about taking these two together the cream does not seem to be working yet and is not coolin the itching at all, can i take them both together without doing any harm im really fretting about this as i usually get bad tummy with antibiotics but i wont take them if it poses a risk to my baby.





Thanks for reading be so grateful for any advice





xIs it safe to use steriod cream and antibiotics together? worried :(?
I dont think so if they doctor said It was alright then it is. But if your still worried get a second opinionIs it safe to use steriod cream and antibiotics together? worried :(?
I had a lung infection while pregnant so had antibiotics. The placenta filters out most things and as this is a prescription drug you should be fine. I would check with your GP though as the prescription came from the dentist.





I can't answer the steroid question but as that came from the GP it is surely safe? I can't see how a cream applied to the surface of the body could find it's way to the placenta and the baby.
if a GP perscribed them both I'd say you'll be fine. i can't see mixing cream and oral tablets being used at the same time causing any problems. Why don't you contact your GP or midwife?
yeah its fine








antibiotics is only mould from cheese
I would phone the GP or the pharmacist. They will be able to tell you if there are any problems with the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment