Thursday, December 31, 2009

What are the best antibiotics & acne creams that actually work from experience?

I have mild-moderate acneWhat are the best antibiotics %26amp; acne creams that actually work from experience?
I had acne for several years since I was a child. The antibiotic that worked for me was minocycline. This is a pill. Topically I had success with erythomicin and clindamycin. However, everyone is different and some products can aggravate your condition. A dermatologist can work with you to determine what treatment works best for you.What are the best antibiotics %26amp; acne creams that actually work from experience?
Quinoderm has made a huge difference to my son`s acne he suffers really bad from it ,but this cream is like a miracle for him its only about 拢 3 a tube .


I bought it at Boots but i suppose you can get it in any chemist
I was put on Roaccutane, it's a really strong antibiotic that you go on for about 4 months. The only way to get it is through your GP who will then pass you onto a dermatologist. I had mild acne aswell.





I have been off it for a year now, and i rarely get spots. Maybe one or two but thats about it.





Good Luck :)
There are three oral antibiotics in current use, minocycline and lymecycline are the better 2 but erythromycin is also sometimes useful. Topical cleansers are much of a muchness, but I tend to recommend Panoxyl.





The topical antibiotic roll ons can help localised low level disease. Of these Clindamycin is often the best.
I use AcneFree. It's avaliable at Walgreens.


$20. I've had good luck with it.
Im not sure about antibiotics except that they are very important.. the doctor would have to choose one that isn't harmful to take long term.


Retin-A worked very well for me, was expensive and VERY harsh, but now a regular benzoyl peroxide works very well and isn't as skin drying/peeling/grossing, it was prescribed but there is a store version (clerasil)
  • love myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment