Saturday, December 26, 2009

My doctor has given me a contraceptive pill AND an antibiotic AND a topical cream to fight acne..is this 2much

Basically, he has given me Diane 35 (which i knew nothing about until i googled it just now, and im now petrified) and an antibiotic called Minomycin. My question is, will the acne antibiotic make the contraceptive less effective??





thanksMy doctor has given me a contraceptive pill AND an antibiotic AND a topical cream to fight acne..is this 2much
Your acne treatment will make your BC pills protection less effective, I would use an alternate protection to be save.


I would also ask your doc. to prescribe an alternative BC pill. I guess as long as you don't conceive, you won't have to worry about how the medication will effect your baby.


Diane probably will never be approved by the US FDA because of the theoretical risk of cyproterone acetate caused birth defects (feminization of male fetuses).


I would also talk to a nutritionist because what you eat will effect your skin. I would eat healthy nutritious foods (organic when you can, avoid anything white (sugar, flour rice %26amp; greasy fast foods) %26amp; drink lots of water.


It has taken science 10,000 years to figure out that women are not men and that they need specialized treatment, women often have a difficult time finding this kind of care.My doctor has given me a contraceptive pill AND an antibiotic AND a topical cream to fight acne..is this 2much
yes antibiotics are supposed to decrease the effectivity of bc pill, but if he gave it to you for your acn茅; you have nothing to worry about. He is your doctor and he knows how to give you.





But if you are not looking for having the contraceptive protection that the pill gives you, you have nothing to worry about, you have to be very careful when using antibiotics on bc pill as you can get pregnant.


But I understand it is for your acn茅, as you know acn茅 is a hormonal problem so you will be fine with Diane 35 I hope it works for you it is an excllent hormonal pill for acn茅.





if you are very concerned and notice some changes you don麓t like, caqll your doc and tell him.





Good luck! ;D
The antibiotic will lessen the effectiveness of the birth control at preventing pregnancy but will still help with your acne
Minomycin reduces the efficacy of ';some'; bc pills. I'd recommend double-checking with your doctor about whether he believes that you will still be protected.
  • love myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment