Saturday, December 26, 2009

Would antibiotic cream like neosporin be ok on my dog's ear?

my dog punctured my other dog's ear. Its not an emergency to where he needs a vet its just minor.Would antibiotic cream like neosporin be ok on my dog's ear?
Yes, KB.. that would be just fine..


good that u ask .. tho';


I hope it gets better real soon.. U take real good care of ur pets..


take care..Would antibiotic cream like neosporin be ok on my dog's ear?
Yes, a topical antibiotic would be fine. However, there is a risk that the other dog may lick at it.





It would be better to clean the wound with hydrogen-peroxide and keep an eye on it for infection. Dogs have healed from much larger wounds for thousands of years, without any treatment.





You could use some sulfidine (available at most pet stores), instead of both the hydrogen-peroxide and antibiotic, if you like. This will inhibit any infection, keep it from itching, and be safer if ingested.





Good luck,
YES! a triple antiobiotic ointment is perfectly fine to put on your dog's ear...even if the other dog licks it off, they will be fine! Just wash the ear with some antibacterial soap, rinse and pat dry! Then apply the ointment...you should apply the ointment 3 times daily until scabbed over. If the area looks to be swollen and creates puss at anypoint, take you dog the vet, an oral antibiotic maybe needed! Good Luck
Sure-Works just fine.Tell us how it works out when you put on the preperation H
It would be fine. But just on the outside of the ear not the inside. You can also use triple antibiotic ointment. Hope this helps!
My grandma puts Aloe Vera or Neosporin on minor cuts on her dogs, and they're fine. Just use a small amount, and make sure he can't lick it (and since it's on his ear, he probably won't be able to! haha).
Definately
Neosporin is the same stuff the Vet uses...it just has a different name.





Good luck to you and your pooch!
yes
that will be fine:)
Yes that is fine, they will give you polybactrim at the vets office which is essentially neosporin.
just keep trying to clean his ear, peroxide it if you can, or hot water and soap will do. yes, neosporin is okay. good luck.
Neosporin is okay to use on dogs and cats. Soap and water might be adequate. Dogs heal pretty well on thier own.
hydrogen peroxide or neospor are both great....clean it so it doesn't get infected, though.....
yep---use a q-tip when applying

1 comment:

  1. I'M TOTALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUS
    Herpes is a serious and recurring condition that cannot be cured by drugs or injections by USA Doctors. But the best way to fight and get rid of  herpes virus permanently is to take natural herbal remedies, I red about DR JAMES, the great herbal Doctor, who cures people of HIV virus with his powerful herbal medicine. I contacted him to find out how he could help me and he told me never to be worried that he would help me with the natural herbs medicine! After 2 days of contacting him he told me the medicine is ready and he sent it to me via DHL COURIER SERVICE and it got me in 3 days! I used the medication as he prescribed for me (MORNING and EVENING) and I was cured! It's really like a dream, but I'm so happy! For people suffering from the following diseases Eczema,Shingles,MS,Bullous Pemphigoid,Diabetes, cancer,Pcos, hypothyroidism,vaginal rashes, Herpes, COPD, HIV, arthritis, Hpv, liver disease, autoimmune diseases, Parkinson's disease, Lupus and more should contact him for his herbal medicine, because I am a living witness and I was cured of herpes virus. and DR James medicine is legitimate. I sent him what he asked for and he sent me his medication which I took for 2 weeks and today I am here with a negative result. When I went for the test, I was so happy after I took his herbal mix medicine.CONTACT DR JAMES FOR A PERMANENT CURE Email: drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com
    He's a good man and he will help you

    ReplyDelete