Saturday, December 26, 2009

Question about an antibiotic cream?

It's very difficult to get it to every area of the infected skin (Long story, would prefer not to go into it, just take my word that it's not really an option).





Say I get the first 4cm of skin, but am unable to reach the last 1cm. Assuming the cream works, would I be able to completely cure the infection, the cream spreading to areas I didn't quite cover? Or would I only cure 4cm of it, and then the 1cm would reinfect everything when I stop using the cream?Question about an antibiotic cream?
Hmmm...


You don't mention what kind of infection, the anatomical area, or the consistency of the cream. I think the answer depends on all three of those things. Can you get into the area to wash or rinse it? Can you spread the cream on with something like a Q-tip rather than a finger? If not, could you use something else in a more liquid form that would reach the area?





I think I would ask either your doctor or a pharmacist if there is a different way to treat the area you're concerned about. They can tell you whether its going to be a problem if you don't reach the area, or how you might be able to get the medication delivered to it. If I knew a few more details, I might be able to make some suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment