Thursday, December 31, 2009

Is the antibiotic cream enough for this infection?

My parakeet has a bacterial infection in her eye. The vet has told me to put Neosporin on the infected area. It seems to be irritating her skin to where now she is loosing feathers and the infected area doesn't seem to be getting better. I wonder if I should continue with the remedy the vet seems to think will work or if it is actually making it worse. Could she need a shot of some sort to increase the antibiotic element? She was not finger trained so the stress of having to catch her and put the meds on could be the other reason for the feather loss but I don't want to assume that and watch her get worse. Thank YouIs the antibiotic cream enough for this infection?
Try toweling the bird instead of grabbing it.





I have to ask ---is this an avian vet? I can guarantee my certified avian vet would have the bird on some kind of antibiotic like Baytril and possibly some kind of wash or drops in the eye area. If it's not getting better it needs to be looked at again.Is the antibiotic cream enough for this infection?
I did go back for a second look but it was too late and the bird died that day :%26lt; Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment