Thursday, December 31, 2009

My dog's eyes are infected. Vet gave antibiotic pills/cream & Its worse. Now vet says Chlymidia. How...help?!?

My dog has something wrong with her eyes. They are oozing nasty stuff, she keeps them squinted (she can open if she wants to) and they are bulging (she looks like one of those fish with huge eyes). We took her to vet a few days ago and they gave us pain cream, antibiotic pills and antibiotic cream. It just got worse. We took her again today and they did some blood work. They say she has chlamydia. They want to give her a shot and different antiobiotics. Does this make sense? My dog isn't around other dogs. How would she get that? This is a new Vet and I'm suspect of what she is telling us. Please let me know what you think.My dog's eyes are infected. Vet gave antibiotic pills/cream %26amp; Its worse. Now vet says Chlymidia. How...help?!?
The antibiotic she prescribed was a narrow spectrum variety that does not handle chlamydia well.





The shot they want to give is a mega-dose antibiotic to hit the chlamydia hard.





Possible that you or someone that comes in contact with your dog apparently had some chlamydia on their clothes and she rubbed her face against that area.My dog's eyes are infected. Vet gave antibiotic pills/cream %26amp; Its worse. Now vet says Chlymidia. How...help?!?
I believe your dog has this:





Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca (KCS) in Dogs





http://www.petplace.com/dogs/keratoconju鈥?/a>





My dog was diagnosed over a month ago. I treated it with a home remedy, which made it go away. Otherwise, it has to be treated numerous times a day with an ointment for $50.00 for a tube, equal to 1/2 of a tablespoon.
  • love myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment