Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How can I keep my cat from licking antibiotic cream i need to put on her wound?

If she's been to the vet and the cream is part of her care, get an E Collar from your vet or a pet store. It's a wide hard or soft plastic cone that fits around her neck so she can't lick at herself. She'll still be able to eat and drink but she'll probably give you dirty looks since she can't groom herself.


If you haven't taken her to a vet yet, please do so! While human treatments often work pretty well on animals, she may need more than just antibacterial cream, depending on what sort of wound she has, how and where she got it.How can I keep my cat from licking antibiotic cream i need to put on her wound?
You'll probably need to put a cone on her! You can get ';soft e-collars'; (short for ';Elizabethan collar';), which are a little nicer than the hard plastic ones. Your vet should be able to provide one for you, or they may be available at pet stores (although places like PetCo usually only have the hard plastic ones).How can I keep my cat from licking antibiotic cream i need to put on her wound?
O perfect question the thing you have to do is get a big helmet four your cat well you can get it from a veternarian and then she will stop but if that doesnt help get one of those dog diapers and put it on her or you could just let her eat it cause when my cat kept doing that we told her not to we went to the vet they said it was actually good for her but not 2 much.
I am not quite sure, but don't cats heal their wounds by licking them? Their saliva is antiseptic. I wouldn't know about serious injuries, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment