Saturday, December 26, 2009

Silly question about triple antibiotic cream for babies....?

Can I use it on my 11.5 month old daughter? She got her first ';real cut'; today...not bad at ALL but just a little scratch on her face and I washed it with warm water and mild soap but can I put ointment on it? what kind?


Thankyou! ( clueless 1st time mom here...LOL )Silly question about triple antibiotic cream for babies....?
Yes you can. Neosporin, A%26amp;D ointment and Bactracin are all antibiotic ointments that can be used anytime for rashes, cuts or scrapes. You can even buy bandaids that have the ointment already in the bandaids so you dont have to mess with creamsSilly question about triple antibiotic cream for babies....?
You can use basically any OTC antibiotic cream, just use a small amount and put a bandaid over it to help discourage her from eating it (unless she's going to eat the bandaid then skip the bandaid).





Nursing mothers can, and do, use normal antibiotic creams like polysporin on their nipples in very small amounts if they get an infected cut. As long as its used sparingly there is no need to wash it off, so a small amount on your baby's skin is fine.
With the cut being on her face, i would skip it. Soap and water is fine. Antibiotic ointment in her eyes or mouth could hurt her, so i would just leave the scrap open to dry and heal on it's own. If it seems to be getting infected or something then i would try a very small amount. Read the labeling instructions, if it says for external use only that means not good for eyes and mouths, so you have to be careful!
no you dont want that stuff accidently in her mouth..you dont want to kill your child with kindness..Soap and water is fine ..dont be over reactive and start applying every poison the FDA has labled safe on a baby..because it isnt safe
I'd use Bacitracin instead of Neosporin... not sure if it really matters by that age or not though. I was told when my son was an infant to stick with Bacitracin, but 1 year, I'm sure either is fine. I'd probably just put whichever I could find on my 15 month old.





%26amp; don't listen to Judge Judy :-)
Yep, you can use polysporin or something like it.





Are you nursing I can't remember otherwise you can put some B-milk on it. I do that for most of Zoey's cuts and it kinda sounds hoky but it works:)
skip it -wash the wound with warm soapy water and keep it clean %26amp; dry.
yes

No comments:

Post a Comment