Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Is there a difference between a cremello coloured horse and a blue eyed cream horse?

It's in the genes. A blue eye doesn't have anything to do with the genes that affect the coat colour, whereas the cremelo (dilute gene) is where the pigmentation of the skin and eyes has been diluted. The ';cream'; colour you speak of could be palomino (another colour from the dilute genepool).





You can get books and stuff on the different colours of horses, and the genetics.





Hope this has cleared it up a bitIs there a difference between a cremello coloured horse and a blue eyed cream horse?
I guess I really don't think so. I would guess that they are the same. I don't know a lot about cremellos, other than I want to breed my horse to one sometime. They are absolutely beautiful.
  • love myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment