Wednesday, December 16, 2009

On my landing I have a mid blue carpet and cream walls. What colour do I paint the doors? There are 7.?

If I were you I would still have white but try a satin white for that different look. Unlike the person who said strip and varnish them, with all respect to that person my sister did that and I think it is bloody awful, however it is nice for the kitchen.





Also stripping 7 doors is a hell of a lot of work, ok you ncan have them dipped, even then you still have a lot of prep work, and if you don't like what you see after all that work, you aint going to be very happy. At least if you paint then all you do is wait until paint is dry enough to resand, then repaint.





By varnishing your landing, depending on how well it is lit, varnishing could make your landing appear very dark and gloomy, if your hallway is well lit then it's up to you.





Unless a door is professionally stripped and prepared and varnished, and unless you are very competant on doing the job personally I think you will be dissapointed as stripped doors look ugly unless done professionally, even then I feel that you will regret not having painted the doors, don't forget, a bit of filller and paint hides a multitude of sins.





I also like the satin finish of white, ok it's white but it appears different.





Good luck on your decorating, please let me know if I have been of some help.





Regards. Bubbles





Jimmy Essex England UK Scottish GentlemanOn my landing I have a mid blue carpet and cream walls. What colour do I paint the doors? There are 7.?
A light grey / silverOn my landing I have a mid blue carpet and cream walls. What colour do I paint the doors? There are 7.?
dusky moon
White is the obvious answer but you could try a pastel blue or add a small amount of brown too your left over cream paint until you find a shade that is to your liking but is (obviously) a few shades darker than your walls. Or just buy something like a bamboo colour.
Put samples flat on the floor and move them around the room to see how different positions and lighting conditions can affect the color.
As near to the colour of the cream walls that you can get. You may want to paint the frame to match the carpet.
Pale blue would look nice and calm





Personally I would have white
I would stick to cream so it looks clean and minimal. I am not keen on different colour wood.
i would do them white but you could try a wood colour good luck
strip off all paint and sand them. varnish them in a natural varnish. Natural wood goes with any colour
cream or white......you could paint one cream and one white see white not heavy coats and both are easy to cover with other color.....(just bigger areas of door not detail on inside if you have that kind of door)
white of course
a very light wood colour with the grain in that always looks good
I know you don't want white, but I can't help feeling that coloured doors would look a bit naff, with gloss paint I would stick with white really - if they are good enough quality to strip then plain wood would be lovely.
If i was you i would stick to cream, but use a satin finish to keep that soft look, as gloss can be a bit tacky looking. Go for b%26amp;q life proof paint as it fully washable.
cream, or maybe have them stripped down and haev them pine woody colour.


good luck!
I would strip the doors and skirting down to their natural colour and have it as pine.
pale yellow
white

No comments:

Post a Comment