Tuesday, December 22, 2009

HELP?! My dog got into Eucerin Cream!!!!!!!!!!!! READ DETAILS! Please Help me!!!?

My mom found my dog getting into Eucerin Cream and she ate ALL of it!! I dont know exacly how big it is but its pretty big and it was almost full. We took her to the vet and the vet is closed! Has this happened to any one??? What do we do???HELP?! My dog got into Eucerin Cream!!!!!!!!!!!! READ DETAILS! Please Help me!!!?
1. You don't have an ';Emergency Vet'; in your area? If you do, call them.


2. Look in the front of your phone book, there should be a number for poison Control Center, OR call information. If they cannot help with ';dogs'; perhaps they have a number where you can call. (I called them years back with a 'dog' question and they were very helpful.)


3. Look at the label on the jar - is there any information about ';indigestion'; and any warnings on it?


I wouldn't panic - just take those steps. Good luck.HELP?! My dog got into Eucerin Cream!!!!!!!!!!!! READ DETAILS! Please Help me!!!?
Your vet should have an on call service or there should be one in your area contact them ASAP








Since nobody who has answered this question so far is a vet don't sit on this or listen to them when they say its not a big deal SEE A VET ASAP





DO NOT USE HYDROGEN PEROXIDE TO INDUCE VOMITTING THIS SHOULD ONLY EVER BE DONE UNDER DIRECTION FROM A VET





You can call poison control on (888) 426-4435 there is normally a $60 consultation fee for use of this service
em give her lots off water lots. and tomorow bring her to the vet . now if you can make her vomit do that so it will come up
give your dog lots of water, this will flush it out of her system. if she gets worse u can call an animal emergancy vet the next day





hope i helped :D :D :D
I have had dogs eat Eucerin before, not a big deal. The dog may throw up and be sick for a while but its not going to kill them. If you are really concerned heres what you do, you take a teaspoon and fill it with hydrogen peroxide, feed it to you're dog and wait 5 mins, if she didn't throw up by then give her another teaspoon, continue till she throws up.





Edit- Using Hydrogen Peroxide to induce vomiting can be done without vet approval. I have done it personally, my sister has and many others that i know have.





I am studying to be a vet so i know somethings.





I know from experience that eucerin will not kill you're dog. I had a dog eat a whole tub, the same dog eats tissues and chap stik, yeah he gets sick but hes a healthy 10 year old dog.
The ingredients I found for ';Eucerin Cream'; are:


Ingredients: Water, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.


http://www.aaaskindoctor.com/eucerin1.ht鈥?/a>





It is a pretty mild cream. You don't mention the size of the tub/bottle or the size of your dog. I do know that mineral oil is sometimes administered to constipated dogs so it would stand to reason that your dog will have some very loose and frequent stools if she doesn't vomit the cream up. She will need to go out frequently this weekend.





To be on the safe side, you could call your area vet emergency clinic or a pet poison control (I believe this has a cost). Good luck.
Give her plenty of water, call the area vets, one will probably have an emergency line to at least talk to the vet. If it has happened recently you can give the dog up to a couple of tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting. This should only be done if the you have caught the dog ingesting something within the past hour or two. Also most importantly do NOT give more than two tablespoons. This is what our vet has had us do in emergency situations. The vomiting can be a delayed reaction so keep the dog outside for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment